Massachusetts's world-class cybersecurity ecosystem gathered on September 13, 2017 at the first-ever Mass Cybersecurity Forumfocused on expanding cybersecurity leadership, business growth, talent and workforce, and advancing technology in the global cybersecurity arena. The Forum took place at several locations across Cambridge and was attended by more than 200 cybersecurity-focused leaders from the Commonwealth’s roster of companies, top-tier academic research institutions, and local, state and federal officials.
Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker announced the creation of the “Cybersecurity Growth and Development Center at the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative” - a new public center that will aim to connect the cybersecurity ecosystem and train new cybersecurity workers across the Commonwealth. To advise and steer the center, MassTech will convene a Cybersecurity Strategy Council made up of leaders from both the private and public sector.
“Massachusetts is home to many of the world’s leading innovative companies, accelerators and educational institutions, as well as an economically competitive climate prepared to host the world’s emerging cybersecurity industry,” said Governor Baker. “Creating the Cybersecurity Growth and Development Center at the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative and the Cybersecurity Strategy Council will ensure the state serves as a committed partner with businesses, colleges and universities, and the public sector to continue developing a talented workforce and to expand our cybersecurity ecosystem.”
As part of the Baker-Polito Administration’s economic development strategy to support emerging sectors, the Cybersecurity Growth and Development Center will work with the private sector to provide business development support, help existing cybersecurity firms grow in Massachusetts, oversee programs to increase the cybersecurity talent pipeline in the state, and collaborate with businesses to help inform the Commonwealth’s cybersecurity strategy.
Photography by John Kreis:
Mass. Cyber Forum in the News:
- Baker to Announce New Center to Support Cybersecurity Industry Boston Business Journal
- Cybersecurity growth center to coordinate jobs training, business development in Massachusetts StateScoop
- MA Gov. Baker Announces Creation of New Cybersecurity Center GoLocal Prov
- Amassing a Better Workforce in Mass. Politico
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces New Cybersecurity Center At Mass Tech Collaborative Framingham Source
- Black Duck CEO Lou Shipley Moderating at Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum Business Wire
- [Blog by Carol Clark] Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum: Recap Cybric